Seven Day Slaw
Our twist on a vinegar-based coleslaw, courtesy of our Hudson friends from Hilton Head. A must for all barbecues!
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 large red onion
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice or shred cabbage and onions.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and onions and toss with sugar.
- In a medium pot, mix oil, vinegar and Miller's Mustard until well blended.
- Once blended, place pot on high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour mixture over cabbage, onions and sugar and let sit for 5 minutes.
- With a large spoon, mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve.