Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
We had never met Bob Ariondo until he shared his famous recipe with us. Thanks for the introduction, Bob... and the great app!
- 16 jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 bottle red wine vinegar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard
- 16 slices of thin cut bacon
- 16 toothpicks
- Remove the top of each pepper just below the stem.
- Wearing gloves, remove seeds and membrane from peppers.
- Marinate cleaned peppers in vinegar for at least 15 minutes.
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave on medium heat for 45-60 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand blender to mix cream cheese and Miller's Mustard. If desired, add jalapeño seeds for additional heat.
- Stuff peppers with cream cheese mixture, filling just short of the top to avoid cheese overflow.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each pepper 2-3 times and secure in place with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium heat until bacon cooks, turning occasionally to prevent cream cheese from running.