Champion Crab Cakes
Kick it up a few notches with our friend Jim Holcomb's take on the classic crab cake.
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Miller's Banana Pepper Mustard
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the egg, Miller's Mustard and Old Bay until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, lightly toss the crab meat with the bread crumbs. Gently fold in the mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Scoop the crab mixture into eight 1/3 cup mounds. Lightly pack into 8 patties, about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the crab cakes and cook over moderately high heat until deeply golden and heated throughout, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the crab cakes to plates and serve with lemon wedges.