Herb Chicken Statler (for 25 people)
Having a dinner and looking to impress friends? Another fantastic recipe from our friend Chef Jacky Francois.
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 5 bunches parsley
- 1 bunch tarragon
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 shallots
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 25 chicken statlers
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 4 tbsp. Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard
- In a large saucepan, reduce red wine vinegar over low heat until it has a syrup consistency.
- Clean all herbs, removing the stems, then blend in a robot coupe, adding pepper flakes, salt, pepper, shallot and garlic.
- Slowly whisk olive oil into herb mixture until it forms a paste.
- Create a pocket between the skin and meat of each chicken breast, then insert 1 tsp. of the herb paste and spread until smooth and even.
- Let chicken marinate for 8 to 12 hours. Chicken can then be cooked immediately or frozen until ready for use.
- Sear chicken in a sauté pan over medium-high heat in oil, skin side down, until skin is crisp and golden brown.
- Flip chicken and transfer in sauté pan to oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the chicken's internal temperature is 160 degrees (about 40 minutes).
- Whisk Miller's Mustard with 1 tbsp. of remaining melted butter.
- Remove sauté pan from oven and deglaze chicken with Miller's Mustard and butter mixture.
- Season with pepper to taste.