Wendy's Wonderful Bean Caserole
Our friend Wendy Moyer was nice enough to share her famed recipe. A cross between baked beans and chili, it has won several awards. You'll see why.
- 1 lb. hot sausage
- 1 lb. sweet sausage
- 2 medium onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ stick of butter
- 1 large can of tomato paste
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1 can chili beans (drained)
- 1 can wax beans (drained)
- 1 can green beans (drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- Chop onions and celery into small pieces.
- In a medium pan, sauté onions and celery in butter until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake hot and sweet sausage until brown, about 20 - 25 minutes. Remove sausage and cool.
- Once sausage is cooled, chop into small pieces.
- In a very large bowl, use a large spoon to thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 105 minutes and serve.